Tuesday, September 20, 2011


All aspects of life are busy.  Literally everything is in 4th gear right now.  Why am I not stressed about it?

To the history books…work has exploded.  We have more then we have resources available.  We have re-branded our logo and website and that’s about to drop.  We are implementing new standards and operating procedures and there’s a little bit of growing pains.  But in this economy all of this is a blessing.  On the hobby side, Victims of Circumstance is hard charging for a screen near you!  I have lists of lists of things that still need to get done.  It is so exciting.  I just want to see the thing now!  We are some close to sitting in a theater, eating popcorn, laughing about how we met oh so long ago. 

So those two things consume about 90% of my time right now.  I am becoming well versed in legal documents and feel I can just about read them like plain text now.  I don’t know if that is a good thing or not.  My gaming has fallen off due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, I’m hopeful we get back on track in October.  I am out renewing old friendships that I let wither these past 12 years and developing new ones as I go along.  I am finding that I have a much better handle on who I am and what I want to do with my life.  Funny that it would take a series of life altering events to work that out.

Some things that I did not know about myself that I thought I did.
1.)     This may strike some longtime friends of mine as funny, but clearly God has a plan.
2.)    To quote Ronin “When there is doubt, there is no doubt.”  Trust my gut.
3.)    Opportunities are made not granted.
4.)    Try everything in your 20’s.  Leverage what you learned in your 30’s.
5.)    People don’t change.  Don’t try to change them.
6.)    Hope for the best, expect the worst, and you’ll land somewhere in the middle.
7.)    Look at things as though a child.  Innocent and clear.
8.)    Talent is undeniable.
9.)  Learn to identify unbalanced people early and minimize their influence in your life.

So I am wrapping up my little Hallmark greeting card post, but seriously.  What if you weren’t here tomorrow?  What can they say you did?  Who would miss you?  How did you make this world a better place?  I find myself reflecting on these thoughts.  Then I make a plan to get some things done.  If I were to die tomorrow, I know that I will be missed, that I left the world in a better place, and that I am accomplished.  This allows me to sleep at night.

No comments: